PANO – The People’s Committee of Da Nang City, on June 19th, presented Tran Thang, an overseas Vietnamese, a certificate of merit for his active contribution to researching and collecting valuable documents that confirm Vietnam’s sovereignty over Hoang Sa (Paracel) Islands.
- South Africa to celebrate the 20th Freedom Day
- Experiences in renewal to help Vietnam in its UN work
- Preventing the corrupt use of civil society organizations
- Vietnam always respects and ensures human rights and citizen's rights
- Vietnamese General: Vietnam - India defence relations benefit regional and global peace and stability
Tran Thang has collected more than 150 old maps and documents that prove Vietnam’s sovereignty over Hoang Sa. He then donated them to the People’s Committee of Hoang Sa District, Da Nang City.
These maps and documents are on display at Da Nang Museum.
Tran Thang, President of the Institute for Vietnamese Culture and Education, was born in 1970 in Quang Ngai province and works for Prat&Whitney aerospace manufacturer in the US.
Translated by Ngoc Hung