One-hundred-and-nine outstanding organisations and individuals who have made great contributions to Vietnam’s poverty reduction efforts were honoured at a ceremony held in Hanoi on June 29.
Attending the event were President Truong Tan Sang and Deputy Prime Minister Vu Van Ninh, among others.
- One-stop-shop customs mechanism officially piloted
- Former Lord Mayor of London praises Vietnam's efforts in banking and financial stabilization
- National Single Window to Be Connected from Nov 30, 2014
- Electric scooter owners exempted from registration fee
- Mekong Delta economic co-operation forum highlights agricultural restructuring
The event was one of a number of activities to celebrate the 65th anniversary of President Ho Chi Minh’s appeal to the nation against poverty, illiteracy and foreign invaders.
At the event, participants also reviewed the 10 years of implementing a comprehensive strategy on growth and poverty reduction and 5 years of implementing the Government’s resolution on supporting fast and sustainable poverty reduction in 62 poor districts.
Apart from the ceremony, the event’s organising board presented gifts to poor students who have studied well in Dong Van district in the northern mountainous province of Ha Giang.