VietNamNet Bridge – While digging a well, Mr. Toan and workers unexpectedly unearthed three big pieces of fossil bones. Many curious people came to Toan’s house to see the giant bones. They believed that these are dinosaur bones.
- Losses of 19 State-owned corporations total nearly $1.1 billion, report
- Da Nang reports to Prime Minister to hire 300 Chinese workers
- US$2.5 million for restoration of Saigon’s 200-year pagoda
- Three fined for insulting provincial chair on Facebook captures public attention
- Use of flycam drones in Vietnam need rules
The fossil bones were found at the depth of about four meters. The bones are in white, very hard and rough.
Through preliminary measurement, the bones are about 30-35cm in diameter, about 30cm long and the gap between each node is 7cm. Workers also found some small pieces of fossil bones.
Some people tried to break the bones with crowbars but they failed because the bones are very hard. People also tried to pull them up but they were stuck in the well.
A lot of people flocked to Toan’s house to see the giant bones. The incident was later reported to the local authorities and the Nghe An Provincial Museum.
Experts will make a field trip to clarify the bones.
Some images of the recently discovered fossil bones: