- Contest for student keen on Vietnamese history
- Vietnam metropolis' $200mn project on e-textbooks raises feasibility concerns
- Book about Vietnam's sovereignty over the two archipelagoes-Hoang Sa and Truong Sa released
- Book denounces China's fallacy over Hoang Sa, Truong Sa
- Evidence denouncing China's fallacy over Hoang Sa sovereignty
VietNamNet Bridge – The Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) has asked the departments of education and training of all provinces to review the use of English textbooks in primary schools.
According to the MOET, in the 2012-2013 school year, some primary schools used English textbooks or teaching materials that were not evaluated and approved by the Ministry. The MOET, thus, has requested provincial departments of education and training to check the use of English textbooks in primary schools and guide them to implement the regulations.
From the 2013-2014 school year, primary schools will be not allowed to use English teaching materials that are not evaluated by the MOET.
Director of the Elementary Education Department – Mr. Pham Ngoc Dinh – said the English textbooks and teaching materials that were evaluated and approved by the MOET include: English Books for 3rd, 4th and 5th grades (edited by Hoang Van Van, published by the Vietnam Education Publishing House); Let’s Learn English 1, 2, 3 (edited by Nguyen Quoc Tuan, Vietnam Education Publishing House) and UK English Learning Programme by Learning Box.
Other evaluated English teaching materials are: Let’s Go and Family and Friend (Oxford University Publishing House, Dyned, Next Stop of Macmillian, BME-Kids Corporation by Binh Minh Technology JSC.