(VOVworld) – Developing healthcare services and promoting gender equality for ethnic groups topped the agenda of a seminar held by the Ministry of Health and the Asian Development Bank in Da Nang city. Thursday’s seminar provided the Party and State policies and guidelines for supervision and planning for these issues.
- ADB forecasts VN’s GDP to grow 6.1 percent in 2015
- U.S. proposes cooperation between new China-led bank and Western institutions -WSJ
- AFMM 19 joint statement: boosting economic growth, financial stability
- ADB sponsors renewable energy training centre in Singapore
- International support for the construction of green urban areas in Hue
The seminar took place as part of a project to develop healthcare in the south-central coastal area, launched by the Ministry of Health and the Asian Development Bank in 2009. The 80-million-USD initiative has upgraded facilities and medical equipment at 70 clinics of 8 provinces in the region and trained health practitioners, especially at the hamlet level, to improve primary healthcare quality in mountain areas.