(VOVworld) – Developing healthcare services and promoting gender equality for ethnic groups topped the agenda of a seminar held by the Ministry of Health and the Asian Development Bank in Da Nang city. Thursday’s seminar provided the Party and State policies and guidelines for supervision and planning for these issues.
- Vietnam's Q3 economic growth picks up to 6.8 pct, fastest this year
- MDBs and IMF commit to stepping up their support to sustainable development agenda
- China’s transport infrastructure initiative to have bad impact on Vietnam’s plan: expert
- Vietnam stocks are giving Asia's best returns
- Vietnam third-quarter economic growth accelerates to 6.81 pct
The seminar took place as part of a project to develop healthcare in the south-central coastal area, launched by the Ministry of Health and the Asian Development Bank in 2009. The 80-million-USD initiative has upgraded facilities and medical equipment at 70 clinics of 8 provinces in the region and trained health practitioners, especially at the hamlet level, to improve primary healthcare quality in mountain areas.