- China to establish $40 bln Silk Road infrastructure fund
- China goes from supplicant to power player as APEC host
- Asian governments should invest more in their capacity to protect their citizens to respond to climate change
- From stabilising the macro economy to restoring market confidence
- One-third of enterprises in Vietnam make profits
(VOVworld) – Developing healthcare services and promoting gender equality for ethnic groups topped the agenda of a seminar held by the Ministry of Health and the Asian Development Bank in Da Nang city. Thursday’s seminar provided the Party and State policies and guidelines for supervision and planning for these issues.
The seminar took place as part of a project to develop healthcare in the south-central coastal area, launched by the Ministry of Health and the Asian Development Bank in 2009. The 80-million-USD initiative has upgraded facilities and medical equipment at 70 clinics of 8 provinces in the region and trained health practitioners, especially at the hamlet level, to improve primary healthcare quality in mountain areas.