VGP – Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh paid a visit to the Lao province of Luang Prabang from June 14-16 at the invitation of Deputy PM and Foreign Minister Thongloun Sisoulith.
During their talks on Sunday, the two FMs discussed how to upgrade and improve transport infrastructure and the system of border gates along the border, as well as measures to develop border economic zones to facilitate economic and trade cooperation and exchange.
- Photo exhibition in Laos highlights VN’s 70-year diplomacy
- Photo exhibition marks 70th anniversary of Vietnam’s diplomatic sector in Laos
- Lao ceremony marks President Ho’s 125th birth anniversary
- Lao ceremony marks President Ho’s 125th birthday
- Vietnam, Philippines cheer as US ‘plays chicken’ with China
They agreed to tightly cooperate in managing the borderline, implementing border regulations signed by the two countries, and fighting cross-border crimes.
Besides, the two sides agreed to enhance education activities to raise their border officials and people’s awareness about border laws, with the aim to build a peaceful, stable, friendship and mutually developed borderline.
At the meeting, the two foreign ministers praised the two sides’ efforts in implementing the signed project to increase and upgrade the system of border markers along the borderline between Vietnam and Laos.
They agreed that the two sides will try their best to complete the project by 2014 as scheduled.
By Ngoc Van