A big fire in the southern province of An Giang has burnt down 78 houses and damaged seven others, leaving dozens of people injured.
At 12:10 on the same day, the fire prevention and control team of the province sent three more professional vehicles to the site. After two hours of efforts, hundreds of people managed to get the fire under control.
- US$315 million granted for agri. restructuring plan, revision of edu. curriculum
- Health insurance coverage up, but targets remain difficult
- WB to provide 315 million USD for Vietnam’s agriculture, education
- Health insurance coverage up, but targets remain difficult: Minister
- World Bank to lend Viet Nam $315m to restructure farming, school systems
According to initial investigations, the fire flared at at a V.V.N’s house, a construction material store, then it quickly spread to surrounding houses. The fire violently grew at the noon when it was dry, causing difficulties for the control activities.
Local authorities support VND1 million for each family affected by the fire and arrange temporary accommodation for the victims.
Vo Van Liem, a carde from Vinh Xuong Commune People’s Committee, said, “Households which have burnt houses mostly live in a difficult situation because they are hired labourers.