- Guitarist Kim Chung to perform live in HCMC
- L'Espace hosts maiden concert by flutist Huong
- Natural Resources & Environment sector is the typical cooperation of the French Agency for Development in Vietnam
- Photo exhibition highlights AFD's contribution to Vietnam
- French climber rocks capital's fitness scene by opening gym
HA NOI (VNS)- Vietnamese classical guitarist Nguyen Thi Kim Chung will perform famous melodies by Vietnamese and foreign composers in Ha Noi tonight.
This will be the first time the singer, who was born in HCM City, has performed in the capital.
She will appear with Ha Noi-based guitarist Tuan Khanh. They will also entertain audiences with famous Vietnamese melodies that Chung performed in her fourth album Mat Biec (Blue Eyes). They include Cay Dan Bo Quen (The Forgotten Guitar), Ha Trang (White Summer), Huong Xua (Perfume from Bygone Days).
The night will also feature a flamenco performance by the Spanish Malaguena band.
Graduated in 1999 from the HCM City Conservatory of Music, Chung won a scholarship to study at the Madrid Royal Conservatory in Spain.
There she worked with musician Jose Luis Rodrigo, a student of Andres Segovia, the renowned Spanish guitarist.
Chung is known as the first ever artist from HCM City to study guitar in Spain.
The concert will begin at 8pm at l’Espace, the French Cultural Centre located at 21 Trang Tien street.— VNS