In the afternoon of June 7th, Mr. Pham Dinh Cu, Deputy Secretary of Provincial Party Committee cum Chairman of PPC, took over a savoir meeting with Mr. Le Thanh An, the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Meeting with cadres and soldiers escaping to join in the resistance prior to April 1st, 1975
- Province’s leaders receive delegation from Attapeu province – Laos
- Ha Noi City Party Committee’s Secretary Pham Quang Nghi met with Ly Son authorities
- Provincial People's Committee Chairman Nguyen Manh Hien works at Hoa Phat Steel JSC.
- Construction commenced on a 100 mln USD plant in Binh Duong
At the meeting, Mr. Le Thanh An thanked the Chairman for spending time receiving and working with him; the Consul General introduced the top priorities of the United States would be to continue developing trade, education, health care, human resources and education for Vietnam, introducing the purpose and significance of the trans-Pacific trade Agreement… The Consul General shared the desire that in the future, the United States and Vietnam would further enhance mutual understanding, promote communication, cooperation and mutual benefit development in appropriate areas.
On behalf of the province, Mr. Pham Dinh Cu informed about the situation of foreign investment in Phu Yen, answering some concerning questions from the Consul general. Simultaneously, the Chairman suggested that Mr. Le Thanh An, with his role and prestige, would become the bridge in the coming time to introduce the U.S. businesses to invest, do business in Phu Yen province in calling for investment sectors in such sectors as petrochemical technology, tourism, agriculture, wind power … The Chairman wished Mr. Le Thanh An to continue with more success after concluding the term at the Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City next August.
Source: Phu Yen Newspaper
Translated by TRONG HAO