- Designer Edge Image of the Day – Solar Powered UAV to Replace Satellites?
- Vietnam military to get Viettel-made drones by year's end
- Aeryon Labs' portable SkyRanger UAV brushes off harsh weather conditions
- French patrol ship docks at Hai Phong Port
- VN Unmanned Aircraft flying 100 km over the central coast to study
UAVs of the AV.UAV.S1 and AV.UAV.S2 types, made by the Spacial Technology Institute of the Vietnam Technology and Science Academy, performed 36 fights over the sea of Van Phong bay, Khanh Hoa province during May 25th and 26th.
The flights lied within the framework of a scientific research programme co-organised by the Spacial Technology Institute, the Nha Trang Oceanography Institute and the Nha Trang Technology Research and Application Institute.
During the flights, UAVs took shorts and measured the spectra of the eco-system, fishing fields, vegetational covers and the seabed in Van Phong bay.
Chief Manager of the project on the UAV research and manufacturing project, Doctor Pham Ngoc Lang said that the success of experimental flights of UAVs in Hanoi, the Central Highland province of Lam Dong and Van Phong bay encouraged the team of researchers and manufacturers to invest more in researching and producing UAVs of various types to better serve scientific research, national socio-economic development and defence.
Translated by Thu Nguyen