A representative from the Foreign Ministry’s National Boundary Commission on April 12 opposed China’s plan to bring tourists to Hoang Sa (Paracel) archipelago.
“Vietnam has indisputable sovereignty over Hoang Sa and Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelagoes. China’s plan to brings tourists to Hoang Sa is a serious violation of Vietnam’s sovereignty, running counter to the spirit of the Declaration on Conduct of Parties in the East Sea (DOC)”, the representative said.
- Vietnam-Indonesia’s exclusive economic zone delimitation discussed
- VN affirms sovereignty over its border area with Cambodia
- Be active in foreign affairs and international integration
- VN, China discuss Ban Gioc Waterfall tourism co-operation
- Vietnam, China discuss on exploiting Ban Gioc Waterfall tourism resources
“Vietnam demands China to cancel such a plan,” he said, adding that on April 12, the Vietnamese Foreign Ministry handed over a diplomatic note to a representative of the Chinese Embassy in Hanoi to protest the plan.
Regarding reports on Taiwan ‘s intention to upgrade piers on Ba Binh Island, part of Vietnam’s Truong Sa archipelago, the National Boundary Commission representative stressed that Taiwan ‘s building plans are a serious violation of Vietnam’s sovereignty. He also said Vietnam demands the Taiwanese side to give up the plan so as not to further complicate the situation and raise tension in the East Sea.-VNA