Viet Nam’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate in 2012 increased 5.03%, lower than the plan set for the year (6%).
In the first quarter, the CPI rose 4.64%, the second quarter up 4.08%, third quarter 5.05% and fourth quarter 5.44%.
- January 27-February 1: Vi-Giam folk singing receives UNESCO certificate
- Investment law tackles corruption
- Circular regulates foreign currency lending
- Korean investors consider Vietnam as best location for business expansion in 2015
- Road junction between Nam Dinh and Cau Gie-Ninh Binh expressway to be built
The agricultural, forestry and aquaculture sector increased 2.72%, industry and construction sector up 4.52% and service sector up 6.42%.
To achieve the development goal of 6.5-7% in 2011-2015, Viet Nam has to reach the average GDP growth rate of 8-9% by 2014 and 2015.
According to the General Statistics, in the context of global economic crisis, the GDP growth rate of Viet Nam has been improved in each quarter, showing the State’s effective measures and solutions. /.