The International Air Transport Association (IATA ) says the future for Vietnamese aviation is bright as long as it pursues policies that keep pace with industry developments.
- Safety and aviation insurance a priority investment for Vietjet
- Vietnamese airlines apply international standards for safety as global aviation industry expands
- Vietjet gets international recognition for outstanding operational standards
- Vietjet braces for ASEAN open skies
- Vietjet receives IOSA certificate for commitment to int'l safety operational standards
Vietnam is projected to be the world’s third fastest growing market for international passengers and freight.
“By 2014, Vietnam is projected to be the world’s third fastest growing market for international passengers and freight, and the second fastest for domestic passengers,” Giovanni Bisignani, IATA’s Director General and CEO, said in a statement on Friday.
But Bisignani noted that Vietnamese aviation’s future cannot be taken for granted.
“Vietnamese aviation must be built and supported by sound policies that take into account that this is a dynamic industry where change is the only constant,” he said.
Bisignani was visiting Vietnam to meet with Vietnam Airlines, the Southern Airport Corporation and the Vietnam Air Traffic Management and discuss several issues, including global standard technology for air traffic management, improving efficiency and building cost efficient infrastructure for Vietnam’s aviation sector.