Le Nguyen Khang and his staff in HCM City have successfully produced a wood car, the first of its kind in Vietnam.
Construction of the open-top car which is 4.6 metres long and 1.8 metres wide started in April last year, he said.
High-tech parts of the car such as engine, gearbox, chassis, transmission system, and steering wheel which were imported from BMW German automaker, while other parts were manually made of wood by themselves.
- Vinh Linh trench - Vinh Moc tunnels recognized as national special heritage
- Multiple public constructions inaugurated for national reunification day
- Exhibition on global support for Vietnam’s struggle for national reunification
- Metro chain to pay 24 mln USD for tax law violations
- Vietnamese wins best student in third year at Princeton University
Khang named the car “Achilles”, which he said can safely run up to 60 km/h and be used in restaurants, hotels, golf courses, and tourist resorts.
He expects to sell the car at US$25,000-26,000 and all the money will go to charities.