Nhan Dan – Construction of the three railroad flyovers in central Da Nang city and Quang Ngai province began yesterday following an urgent order from the Prime Minister.
The three flyovers, estimated to cost a total of over VND895 billion (US$43 million) are scheduled to be completed by the end of 2013, aiming to reduce the number of traffic accidents at level crossings.
- Gov’t tightens control over business conditions
- Coal-powered thermoelectricity plants a ‘serial killer’ in Vietnam
- Hanoi building near Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum taller than allowed: inspectors
- Vietnam to increase investment attractiveness with procedures reform
- Xuan Cuong Co., Ltd towards Utility and Quality
In Da Nang, the railroad flyover in Lien Chieu district is 145 metres long, 11 metres wide and will be able to carry vehicles to the speed limit of 40 kilometres per hour.
Vietnam has launched other road safety projects aimed to reduce casualty numbers, including three underpasses, 94 kilomtres of feeder roads and safety barriers along railroads in 28 provinces and cities.