The Ministry of Health and the World Bank on September 19 handed over 25 cars to centres for HIV/AIDS prevention and control in provinces and cities.
- Ministry calls for nationwide efforts to fight dengue fever
- Ho Chi Minh City assigns three hospitals to treat possible MERS patients
- Vietnam’s first suspected MERS-CoV case tests negative
- MERS-CoV rapid-response teams set up in four major regions
- Vietnam puts together 4 fast-response teams to confront MERS-CoV
Speaking at the ceremony, Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said that in order to conduct the plan of buying vehicles to serve HIV/AIDS prevention and control, the Ministry of Health handed over 25 cars to the Vietnam Administration of HIV/AIDS Control (VAAC), HIV/AIDS Prevention Management Board in Vietnam and HIV/AIDS prevention Centres in 23 provinces and cities.
The Deputy Minister asked the units which received the cars to use cars to more effectively prevent HIV/AIDS.
In the future, the Ministry of Health will also grant cars to other provinces so that all provinces and cities have vehicles to serve HIV/AIDS prevention work./.