(VOV) – The Bank for Investment and Development of Cambodia (BIDC), a susidiary of the Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV), has been named as one of the five biggest banks in Cambodia, after three years of operation.
Addressing the opening of a new branch in Phnom Penh on August 13, BIDC General Director Nguyen Van Hien said that the bank’s total assets have reached US$480 million, while its outstanding debts amount to US$320 million.
- Vietinbank to issue bonds worth $370m
- 20 years of Vietnam-U.S. diplomatic ties – Conclusion: Bill Clinton’s announcement at 5:00 pm
- Businesses need to check WTO commitments before selling stakes to foreigners
- Vietnam central bank taking over another troubled lender
- More foreign bankers to set foot in Vietnam
The bank also provides comprehensive financial services for Vietnamese enterprises investing in Cambodia.
With the establishment of the Phnom Penh branch, BIDC once again confirms its qualifications for operating and developing sustainably in the Cambodian economy, he said.
With its professionalism and skill, BIDC will continue to develop and contribute to promoting bilateral trade between the two countries, he added.
The BIDC branch is located at Monivong Avenue in the commercial and financial centre of Phnom Penh.