The incident occurred on the evening of July 1, on highway 1A in District 12, HCM City. Dozens of pigs ‘landed’ on the road.
At that time, a truck driven by Ngo Van Tuan, 39, from the southern province of Dong Nai was running on the highway, with nearly 60 pigs. Avoiding a motorbike that suddenly ran across the highway, the driver urgently turned the steering wheel. The truck crossed the separation line to the opposite lane and overturned.
- Roads cut, homes submerged after more heavy rain
- The king of antique ceramics in Saigon
- Ho Chi Minh City raises environmental awareness through waste classification program
- Ho Chi Minh City district to reward citizens for reporting sex crimes
- HCM City’s District 12 to pay reward to whistleblower for informatipn about prostitution, human trafficking
At the site, the door of the body shell was broken. Some pigs died in the crash while dozens of pigs scurried on the highway.
Policemen appeared after a short time. Many locals helped the driver to catch the pigs.