Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Royal Palace Chaufea Veang Kong Som Ol visited the Vietnamese Embassy in Cambodia to mark the 45th anniversary of diplomatic ties.
Mr Som Ol presented Ambassador Ngo Anh Dung two letters written by King Norodom Sihamoni congratulating Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong and State President Truong Tan Sang.
- Party chief bids adieu to DPRK ambassador
- Party chief says farewell to DPRK ambassador
- Party chief farewells DPRK ambassador
- Vietnam-US relations: What’s the next chapter?
- The 8th session of the Steering Committee for Vietnam-China Bilateral Cooperation Vietnam-China Agree to Control Disputes in the East Sea
The Cambodian Deputy PM thanked the Vietnamese State and people for helping Cambodian people escape from the genocidal Khmer Rouge regime and implement the current process of national construction and development.
The friendship between the two countries should be further consolidated and developed for mutual benefit, he said.
Ambassador Ngo Anh Dung extended his thanks to King Norodom Sihamoni, King Father Norodom Sihanouk , Queen Mother Norodom Monineath Sihanouk as well as the Cambodian people for their assistance to Vietnam, both in the past and at present.
Vietnam is keen to promote bilateral relations under the motto “Good neighbourliness, traditional friendship, comprehensive cooperation and long-term stability” set by the two countries’ senior leaders, Dung said.