The Ho Chi Minh City People’s Court on June 26 sentenced to death a 23-year-old Thai citizen charged with illegal drug trafficking.
- Foreigner gets 20 years for swindling $326,000 from 33 Vietnamese in phone scam
- Street robbers who grabbed Australian woman’s bag arrested
- Street robbers who grabbed Australian woman’s bag in Ho Chi Minh City arrested
- Man nabbed for grabbing iPhone 6 from foreigner in HCMC
- Death penalty scrapped for Vietnamese American who hid drugs in underwear
- Young woman sentenced to death for drug trafficking
- Death sentence given to crossborder heroin trafficker
According to the indictment, Vietnam Customs officers at Tan Son Nhat International Airport discovered 3kg of drugs at the bottom of the Thai student’s suitcase on October 29, 2011.
Previously, Preeyanook Phuttharaksa had succeeded in trafficking drugs twice, once in February 2011 and again a month later in March the same year.
Preeyanook said she met a girl named Jom in Bangkok in January 2011, who lured her into the drug trafficking ring with promises of free travel to Africa and Asia.