The Ho Chi Minh City People’s Court on June 26 sentenced to death a 23-year-old Thai citizen charged with illegal drug trafficking.
- Young woman sentenced to death for drug trafficking
- Death sentence given to crossborder heroin trafficker
According to the indictment, Vietnam Customs officers at Tan Son Nhat International Airport discovered 3kg of drugs at the bottom of the Thai student’s suitcase on October 29, 2011.
- Ho Chi Minh City braces for Zika virus
- Tan Son Nhat Airport under strain as overseas Vietnamese return home for Tet
- Aviation watchdog, airlines move to keep Vietnam’s busiest airport from overloading during Tet
- Japanese man fights with taxi driver over fare in Ho Chi Minh City
- HCM City high-rises causing traffic near international airport
Previously, Preeyanook Phuttharaksa had succeeded in trafficking drugs twice, once in February 2011 and again a month later in March the same year.
Preeyanook said she met a girl named Jom in Bangkok in January 2011, who lured her into the drug trafficking ring with promises of free travel to Africa and Asia.