The Ho Chi Minh City People’s Court on June 26 sentenced to death a 23-year-old Thai citizen charged with illegal drug trafficking.
- Vietnamese convicts’ children – Part 1: How badly they need their parents
- HCM City opens trial on huge online gambling case
- Vietnam sentences Filipino man to death for trafficking drugs
- Foreigner sentenced to life for trafficking drugs into Vietnam
- Six Vietnamese get up to three years in US visa file scam
- Young woman sentenced to death for drug trafficking
- Death sentence given to crossborder heroin trafficker
According to the indictment, Vietnam Customs officers at Tan Son Nhat International Airport discovered 3kg of drugs at the bottom of the Thai student’s suitcase on October 29, 2011.
Previously, Preeyanook Phuttharaksa had succeeded in trafficking drugs twice, once in February 2011 and again a month later in March the same year.
Preeyanook said she met a girl named Jom in Bangkok in January 2011, who lured her into the drug trafficking ring with promises of free travel to Africa and Asia.