Teachers and pupils of a Vietnamese school in Vientiane celebrated the 17th anniversary of Laos’ Teachers’ Day.
At the ceremony, leaders of the Vietnamese embassy in Laos and pupils as well as organizations of the Vietnamese community in Laos presented flowers to the teachers of the Nguyen Du school.
- First Vietnamese mayor in US to have a talk in Hanoi
- Vietnamese people in Australia towards Hoang Sa and Truong Sa archipelagoes
- Vietnamese expats in Australia raise fund for homeland’s sea, islands
- Vietnam veggie shop offers free meals inspired by Italy’s ‘suspended coffees’
- Vietnamese specialties introduced at Exotic Food Festival in Czech Republic
Truong Van Tai, a person of Vietnamese origin who was born and grew up in Laos, said he was very moved by the event and extended his thanks to the Lao Party and State for having educated and trained him.
The Lao Party and State chose October 7 as the day to honour Lao teachers.
The Lao education sector has seen considerable growth recently.